Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hello Cavities/Twinkle Twinkle Bat Sweatshirt review!

Hello there everyone! 
It's been a few days since my last post, but don't worry, I haven't gone and disappeared, I've just been busy with work. 
I should mention that one of my favorite fashions happens to be creepy cute. Even though I'm not a big fan of gore and horror, having eyeballs in bows and black cats in my clothing and accessories just appealed to me as soon as I saw them.  There is also something else I should mention.
I really like bats. 
Since I was a kid I've loved the little cave dwelling creatures, I even wanted to keep one as a pet! So you can imagine how happy I was when I saw this picture floating around Tumblr. 
I. HAD. TO. HAVE. ONE
The sweater is called sold by a company called Hello Cavities, and along with these glorious sweatshirts, they also sell tights with the same bat pattern on them.  The name of it is the Twinkle Twinkle Bat Sweatshirt.
Unfortunately, I saw this sweater when I was jobless and broke, so it was another six months or so until I was finally able to get my grabby hands on one of these beauties.  I decided to finally splurge and order the sweater from Hello Cavities when they released their limited edition color, which was in Charcoal.  The charcoal is basically their Lavender sweater with a reversed color palette; the background of the sweater is black and the bats adorning it are lavender.  

I placed my order with Hello Cavities on October 4th and it was shipped on October 7th. The package was delivered to me on October 9th. Considering that it was shipped from the West Coast, and I live on the East Coast, I believe that is really fast shipping! 
 I don't have a picture of what the packaging looked like, but it was just the standard plastic envelope packaging that a lot of things get sent in when it's delivered by USPS. Along with my sweatshirt, I was pleasantly surprised to see the little Halloween themed bag with it!
 Here what was inside the bag! 
I sort of cheated and ate the candy as soon as I saw it instead of waiting for Halloween ^^;

By the way, I love when companies put little gifts or a note along with their goods. Not just because I love getting candy, but it adds a personal touch to whatever you're getting. I'm more likely to remember a company that has tagged a note along with their things, or sends nice email responses to my questions.  Now, let's take a look at the sweatshirt itself! 


This is the only picture I have of myself with it on (Oh the woes of not having a tripod!).  The sweater is very soft, and lightly lined on the inside, which is perfect for chilly days. If you want an oversized look, just order a size up from your normal size. I wanted a loose fit, so I ordered a size medium for myself instead of a small like I would normally do. Here are two more pictures of the sweater laid out flat in different lighting. 
Natural Sunlight 
 With flash 

As you can see, the bats on the material look just a bit paler in natural sunlight, but the fabric is very opaque and you can still clearly see the color of the bats and the background. I didn't take a picture of the detail (D'oh!), but do you see those little white dots on the sweatshirt? They're actually not dots, they're little stars! Hence the words Twinkle Twinkle in the name of the sweater.  Here is my opinion on Hello Cavities- 
Communication- 10/10 (considering I had no questions for them, but I did receive notification when my sweater was shipped) 
Quality- 10/10 The sweater itself is beautiful, and practically perfect! 
All in all, I am throughly pleased with my dealings with Hello Cavities and I would order from them again! 
Thanks for reading this lengthy review, I have some more coming up, as soon as my packages get out of customs DX. 
~Pika

No comments:

Post a Comment